Saturday, September 12, 2009

The Sun Sets on Summer....

My attempts to blog were well intentioned. Jenny and Cary make it look so easy. Here I go with my next post--4 months later. Summer flew by. We did not go to the beach for the first time since we have been married, but it would be unfair to say that we didn't have quite a time.... Here are some pictures that sum up some of the things we have done since last we blogged.....

I traveled with my Mom and Dad in August to Fort Benning, Georgia, to attend my Grandfather's induction into the Army Ranger Hall of Fame. My Aunt Patsy and Uncle Chuck also drove down. It was an amazing experience. My Dad accepted a medal on my Grandfather's behalf and my Aunt Patsy gave a speech for the ages. Over this past summer I have come to realize that my Grandfather--who has always been a hero to me--is in fact a hero to an entire country.

We took a mini-vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks with our friends, the Davi's. The kids love the Resort at Port Arrowhead.
A big shout out to my friend, Tim. He has lost almost 70 lbs. over the course of the past year. Recognize him, Mom, Jenny, Cary?
We welcomed a new member to our family. Baby Rush came to visit us in July. You can find more pictures (updated) at my sister's blog--winniegray.blogspot.com

More posts to come. For now I am out of time. These darn pictures take so long to upload. Jenny and Cary, I don't know how you do it. Coming up soon on my blog: weekend trips to Grandpa's, Owen starts school, and some pictures of my food the next time we eat out.



2 comments:

  1. Well, you got a out-loud laugh from me on that last sentence. Funny brother; it's just something vegans do because we get so excited about food we can eat. I enjoyed your update. I don't know why your uploading takes so long?? Let's sit down together next weekend and look at it. The kids are cute, as usual, and Tim looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim looks like an American Gladiator.
    And about the food pictures, I can see it now...here is the sancho, here is the burrito. Here are the kids chicken fingers. Mmm...I am getting hungry just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete